1. What made you decide to become a Caregiver/PCA/LNA/Nurse?
I enjoy helping people. I enjoy making them smile, meeting their needs and helping. I like to take care of others and help motivate independence.
2. What does professionalism mean to you?
Be kind, be compassionate, and reliable. Being punctual or calling if a problem occurs – responsible. Being confident in the way you present yourself.
3. What does preparation mean to you in regards to your work day?
Be prepared for different situations. Check weather, have extra and spare gear and materials available. Make sure to check care plan always.
4. What does framework mean to you in the caregiver arena?
Framework means working as a team and well with others, being able to openly communicate.
Purpose: Work together as a team to eliminate issues and suggest ideas.
5. How are you meeting the needs of others as a Caregiver/PCA/LNA/Nurse?
By providing a friendly and professional relationship. Caring and taking care of them.
6. Professionalism: How do you take responsibility for you?
If I do make a mistake, I admit it, apologize, learn, and go forward.
7. Preparation: How do you reduce risk to yourself and your client?
Hygiene, make sure your hands are clean before performing a task with or around food and bathroom needs. Know the care plan and have a plan for the day.
8. What does proper attire mean to you?
Dress appropriately. No ripped or low cut shirts. Wear something you feel comfortable but also warm and inviting for others.
9. What does proper mobility mean to you?
If you need to help the client, make sure you are properly transferring them. Use a gait belt or if you feel you need help let someone know.
10. What precautions do you take?
Precautions can be many, such as making sure the bed looks clean and safe. The floors have to be clean, also having knowledge of the resident/religion/their preferences.
11. What observations do you make when working?
What the client looks like, physical appearance – do they look pale? Are they warm? Also, the other people you work with and how the person usually is and acts.
12. What does self-control mean to you?
Think before you do, Learn how to do things and focus on how you’re going to do or say things.
13. What does it mean to follow a care plan?
Do what the care plan says, how to do it, when to do it.
14. What is proper communication?
Listening to key words, body language, and tone of voice.
15. How do you maintain a proper environment?
Safe, clean, cheerful environment.
16. How do you maintain meeting basic needs of your client?
Create a routine or schedule with them.
17. What does patience mean to you in framework of caregiving?
Have patience with yourself and your client, some things may take longer.
18. How do you handle the unexpected?
Essentially you go with it, call the people who need to be called. Make sure the client is okay, and if not take action.
19. What does proper documentation look like?
Filling out an accident report when necessary, going through all the proper steps, calling all the right people.
20. How do you review and improve?
I take any suggestions and constructive criticism and move forward.