1. What made you decide to become a Caregiver?
Wanted to build a one on one relationship with others. Be there for someone in need.
2. What does professionalism mean to you?
Being knowledgeable, responsible, respectful, punctual.
3. What does preparation mean to you in regards to your workday?
Ensuring all necessary tools/equipment is ready for the day.
5. How are you meeting the needs of others as a Caregiver?
Listening to their needs, assisting or making decisions, taking all options into consideration.
6. Professionalism: How do you take responsibility for yourself?
Attitude: Always look for the positive
Mood: Leave home at the door, ready to do my work.
Motivation: Knowing that I am relied on
Job knowledge: Always looking for an opportunity to learn
Compassion: Create a bond/friendship
7. Preparation: How do you reduce risk to yourself and your client?
Take proper precautions, ensure items that you need to assist with are working properly.
8. What does proper attire mean to you?
No rips/stains, business casual.
9. What does proper mobility mean to you?
The necessary means to be able to safely ambulate.
10. What precautions do you take?
Whatever the situation calls for.
11. What observations do you make when working?
Any changes in health, the condition of the home, the need for supplies, groceries, laundry.
12. What does self-control mean to you?
13. What does it mean to follow a care plan?
Following a set schedule of care that is optimal for the client’s daily routine.
14. What is proper communication?
Any means necessary to relay information, preferably by phone.
15. How do you maintain a proper environment?
16. How do you maintain meeting the basic needs of your client?
Asking the client or their family, a constant review of the care plan.
17. What does patience mean to you in the framework of caregiving?
Never rush the client. Not making them feel like an inconvenience because of how slow they may be going.
18. How do you handle the unexpected?
Always be ready for the unexpected, always have a plan ‘B’.
19. What does proper documentation look like?
An accurate, thorough, complete account of events.