1. What made you decide to become a Caregiver?
Love caring for older folks.
2. What does professionalism mean to you?
Work lovingly, caringly, and professionally minded. Always looking out for the welfare of the person I’m attending to.
3. What does preparation mean to you in regards to your workday?
Be ready & on time.
4. What does framework mean to you in the caregiver arena?
The people above m.
Purpose: Guidance and direction
5. How are you meeting the needs of others as a Caregiver?
Providing support for someone who needs it.
6. Professionalism: How do you take responsibility for yourself?
Attitude: Maintain a positive attitude yet professional
Job knowledge: Utilize in every asset of care
Compassion: Find specific ways to reach the client
7. Preparation: How do you reduce risk to yourself and your client?
Always be aware of surroundings & always pre-think actions.
8. What does proper attire mean to you?
Comfortable yet functional.
9. What does proper mobility mean to you?
Being able to move, lift, push and pull as needed.
10. What precautions do you take?
Careful lifting, transferring, anything that demands caution to move forward through the day/night.
11. What observations do you make when working?
Constantly being aware of where the client is and what is going on.
12. What does self-control mean to you?
Not losing it.
13. What does it mean to follow a care plan?
Know what is in the plan and initiate it.
14. What is proper communication?
A kind word turns away wrath & a kind word is sweeter than honey.
15. How do you maintain a proper environment?
Stay positive and approach every situation and analyze how to turn/keep it positive.
16. How do you maintain meeting the basic needs of your client?
Schedule and keep a schedule.
17. What does patience mean to you in the framework of caregiving?
Take my time and slow down.
18. How do you handle the unexpected?
Analyze the situation, handle it, and move on.
19. What does proper documentation look like?
Completed timely and efficiently.
20. How do you review and improve?
I constantly review my day and think of ways to improve whatever I have done.