1. What made you decide to become a Caregiver?
I love helping other people and making sure they have the best quality of life.
2. What does professionalism mean to you?
That you keep your personal life separate from your job. In other words, not spreading your personal drama to coworkers and clients.
3. What does preparation mean to you in regards to your workday?
Finding the right attire, making sure I am not late. Also making sure I know the client’s schedules so I can help them be ready.
4. What does framework mean to you in the caregiver arena?
Everything that comes together to give the client the best treatment.
Purpose: Making the client feel well taken care of.
5. How are you meeting the needs of others as a Caregiver?
Being thoughtful towards others and provide good companionship. Being helpful and able to do tasks given to me.
6. Professionalism: How do you take responsibility for yourself?
7. Preparation: How do you reduce risk to yourself and your client?
Knowing good lifting mechanics and checking surroundings for any danger.
8. What does proper attire mean to you?
Wearing appropriate clothing for the task at hand.
9. What does proper mobility mean to you?
Being able to move around a space knowing where certain objects are.
10. What precautions do you take?
Making sure I’m in a safe environment, wearing the correct PPE.
11. What observations do you make when working?
How the client is acting, the state of the environment I am in.
12. What does self-control mean to you?
Being able to work without making inappropriate remarks.
13. What does it mean to follow a care plan?
Follow instructions given by the nurse or any specific instructions for a given client.
14. What is proper communication?
Speaking clearly and with confidence without the use of inappropriate slang or remarks.
15. How do you maintain a proper environment?
Being clean and tidy.
16. How do you maintain meeting the basic needs of your client?
Making sure you’ve followed all instructions as well as listening to the client’s opinion.
17. What does patience mean to you in the framework of caregiving?
Some clients may have a hard time with activities so to allow them to go at their own pace.
18. How do you handle the unexpected?
Think thoroughly about my next actions.
19. What does proper documentation look like?
Filling out an accident form or similar documents if needed.
20. How do you review and improve?
Look back on actions I have taken and think differently about how it may be done differently.