1. What made you decide to become a Caregiver?
People that I know enjoy doing it a lot and told me they think I would as well.
2. What does professionalism mean to you?
Leaving life problems at home and being positive and helpful once entering a work environment.
3. What does preparation mean to you in regards to your workday?
Make sure I have everything I will need for the next day and set it in my kitchen the night before, I also write lists so I don’t forget.
4. What does framework mean to you in the caregiver arena?
Purpose: Everyone working together to make sure everyone has a positive, happy, and healthy quality of life.
5. How are you meeting the needs of others as a Caregiver/PCA/LNA/Nurse?
By always listening to the clients and making sure they are a priority.
6. Professionalism: How do you take responsibility for yourself?
Attitude: Stay positive
Mood: Good mood when entering the workplace
Motivation: Stay working hard
Job knowledge: Ask any questions that you don’t already know
Compassion: Why do something unless you love it? I love people so this is a great match for me
7. Preparation: How do you reduce risk to yourself and your client?
By asking questions if there is anything I don’t know rather than assume I know the right answer.
8. What does proper attire mean to you?
Clean clothes that look more professional than what I may wear to the gym for example.
9. What does proper mobility mean to you?
Being able to complete tasks without restrictions from your body.
10. What precautions do you take?
Stretching, lifting what I can without injury, and asking for help if it is too much so I don’t get injured.
11. What observations do you make when working?
How people are being treated in the workplace (clients) and how employees treat each other.
12. What does self-control mean to you?
Following what is told regardless of your opinion of how it should be.
13. What does it mean to follow a care plan?
Respect what family and doctors have put in place for the clients.
14. What is proper communication?
Go to those needed when having problems rather than keep it inside and holding a grudge.
15. How do you maintain a proper environment?
By being open to ideas and listen to others.
16. How do you maintain meeting the basic needs of your client?
Always listen to what they say and make sure you’re able to give them the comfort that they deserve.
17. What does patience mean to you in the framework of caregiving?
Don’t ever rush someone, always listen, don’t ever get angry.
18. How do you handle the unexpected?
If it is not something you learn, call TLC and ask for an opinion on how to handle the situation.
19. What does proper documentation look like?
Social Security, Birth certificate, ID
20. How do you review and improve?
By meeting with the manager and see what you can improve on and what you’re doing well and apply that to your workday.