1.What made you decide to become a Caregiver?
I like people, flexible in schedule don’t have to work in an office.
2. What does professionalism mean to you?
Being ready for work, once there, bringing a team-oriented mentality and a willingness for flexibility. Proper clothing and attire that is wrinkle-free and properly fitting, being kind to other staff members.
3. What does preparation mean to you in regards to your workday?
Once arriving at work, being ready for the day, having any materials needed for the day, being on time for scheduled shifts.
4. What does framework mean to you in the caregiver arena?
Purpose: To give the highest level of care possible.
5. How are you meeting the needs of others as a Caregiver/PCA/LNA/Nurse?
Doing whatever is possible, within the scope of practice, to ensure the highest quality of care.
6. Professionalism: How do you take responsibility for yourself?
Job knowledge: Confident in what you know, and willing to learn about what you don’t
7. Preparation: How do you reduce risk to yourself and your client?
Proper handwashing, PPE if necessary.
8. What does proper attire mean to you?
9. What does proper mobility mean to you?
Ability to move to your job, bend at the knees.
10. What precautions do you take?
Proper precautions, hand washing, safety for the client and staff.
12. What does self-control mean to you?
Maintaining professionalism, even when it’s difficult.
13. What does it mean to follow a care plan?
14. What is proper communication?
To be willing to listen first.
15. How do you maintain a proper environment?
16. How do you maintain meeting the basic needs of your client?
17. What does patience mean to you in the framework of caregiving?
Listening, doing individual-based practice, providing options when available.
18. How do you handle the unexpected?
Just have to roll with it, go with the flow.
19. What does proper documentation look like?
Documenting necessary information to give an outline of care provided. If it’s not documented, it never happened.
20. How do you review and improve?
Listen to others, be willing to be flexible.