1. What made you decide to become a Caregiver?
Have always been passionate about caring for elders.
2. What does professionalism mean to you?
Neat, reliable, honest, smiling attitude.
3. What does preparation mean to you in regards to your workday?
Having ID badges, leave personal baggage at home, using gloves, handwashing, etc.
4. What does framework mean to you in the caregiver arena?
Reliable – team member, flexible.
Purpose: To ensure good care for clients and to help caregivers with any concerns.
5. How are you meeting the needs of others as a Caregiver?
Providing clients with stress-free care.
6. Professionalism: How do you take responsibility for yourself?
Be well rested and arrive at the client’s home stress-free.
7. Preparation: How do you reduce risk to yourself and your client?
Same as question 6, well-rested and stress-free.
8. What does proper attire mean to you?
Neat, clean clothes, ID Badge.
9. What does proper mobility mean to you?
Avoiding injury to the client or yourself.
10. What precautions do you take?
Get to know your client’s care plan, use gloves, masks if needed.
11. What observations do you make when working?
You watch and check clients for any behavior differences, skincare.
12. What does self-control mean to you?
To keep your emotions in check in difficult situations.
13. What does it mean to follow a care plan?
To read and know what is expected of you.
14. What is proper communication?
Following the chain of command.
15. How do you maintain a proper environment?
Keep things neat and safe for the client.
16. How do you maintain meeting the basic needs of your client?
Follow care plan.
17. What does patience mean to you in the framework of caregiving?
Being able to be dependable, and have a happy attitude.
18. How do you handle the unexpected?
Stay cool, calm, and assess the situation.
20. How do you review and improve?
Go over the care plan, let the care manager know what you see and observe.