1. What made you decide to become a Caregiver?
I love helping people.
2. What does professionalism mean to you?
Having knowledge of the occupation that you work in. That you may need to be certified in or have degrees in.
3. What does preparation mean to you in regards to your workday?
Having everything that I need for that day and the client on hand, so I really wouldn’t have to search for anything.
4. What does framework mean to you in the caregiver arena?
To provide care for any individual with any kind of disability, physical/mental need.
6. Professionalism: How do you take responsibility for yourself?
Motivation: Knowing that I am there to help someone
7. Preparation: How do you reduce risk to yourself and your client?
Getting enough sleep so I will be awake and alert while working.
8. What does proper attire mean to you?
Something comfortable that I can easily move around in, in order to better assist the client.
12. What does self-control mean to you?
Being able to tolerate anything without getting upset or frustrated.
13. What does it mean to follow a care plan?
Going by guidelines that the provider provides such as medicines, meals, diets, and if they are a fall risk.
14. What is proper communication?
Making sure the client is comfortable and doesn’t need anything. If you have a problem with the job to let someone know.
15. How do you maintain a proper environment?
Making sure that everything is clean and in its place.
16. How do you maintain meeting the basic needs of your client?
By going by their daily routine and then asking them if they need anything else.
17. What does patience mean to you in the framework of caregiving?
Taking your time and going by the client’s speed and not rushing.
18. How do you handle the unexpected?
Very well because I am always on the look because anything can change/happen at any time.
19. What does proper documentation look like?
Everything is filled out and completed.
20. How do you review and improve?
Look back on things that didn’t work and try something different in hopes of getting a better result.