1. What made you decide to become a Caregiver?
I love helping people.
2. What does professionalism mean to you?
Being polite, clean, and respectable.
3. What does preparation mean to you in regards to your workday?
Being prepared for many possible situations.
6. Professionalism: How do you take responsibility for yourself?
Mood: Stay happy and pleasant
Motivation: Keep pushing myself
Job knowledge: Always use my knowledge
7. Preparation: How do you reduce risk to yourself and your client?
Always have clean hands
8. What does proper attire mean to you?
Scrubs and sneakers or good shoes.
9. What does proper mobility mean to you?
Ability to move.
10. What precautions do you take?
Gloves, hand washing
11. What observations do you make when working?
Safety hazards, sores, cuts, bruises.
12. What does self-control mean to you?
Knowing when to say no or what is right and doing what is right.
13. What does it mean to follow a care plan?
The client’s plan of care and what they need.
14. What is proper communication?
Speaking appropriately and respectfully.
15. How do you maintain a proper environment?
Clean and organized.
16. How do you maintain meeting the basic needs of your client?
Good hygiene, proper food, and happiness.
17. What does patience mean to you in the framework of caregiving?
Not getting frustrated and being kind and understanding.
18. How do you handle the unexpected?
Calmly and not to stress the client.
19. What does proper documentation look like?
Intake, output, what was done. Anything found during care.
20. How do you review and improve?
Read or assess how I didn’t do well, and think of what I can change to improve.