1. What made you decide to become a Caregiver?
I love helping people and having the ability to change someone’s mood or energy. I love that I have the ability to heal.
2. What does professionalism mean to you?
Professionalism is knowing where my personal lifestyles, opinions, and business boundaries are, and being respectful, responsible, and polite.
3. What does preparation mean to you in regards to your workday?
Going to work with the proper dress code, clean, healthy, and ready to work.
4. What does framework mean to you in the caregiver arena?
Framework to me is the standards and expectations that are expected of me.
Purpose: To keep everything running smoothly, and responsibly taking care of situations.
6. Professionalism: How do you take responsibility for yourself?
Being aware of my personal limits.
Attitude: Keeping a positive attitude towards clients
Mood: Doing what I need to do in private, being professional at work.
Motivation: Being aware of the difference I can make in people’s lives.
Job knowledge: Paying attention at training
Compassion: Putting my heart into my work
7. Preparation: How do you reduce risk to yourself and your client?
Knowing my personal limitations, and not doing things alone puts the client at risk. (lifting, transporting)
9. What does proper mobility mean to you?
Being able to move around efficiently, safely, and cautiously.
10. What precautions do you take?
Certain things we learned in LNA courses (bend at the knees not back, feet apart, etc.)
11. What observations do you make when working?
The health status of people I’m working with. For example mood, energy, physical health, subjective & objective observations.
13. What does it mean to follow a care plan?
Being able to keep track of what’s on each person’s care plan, being able to read them without confusion, and asking for help when there is confusion.
14. What is proper communication?
Telling other co-workers when there is a problem, and responding when others are in need of help.
15. How do you maintain a proper environment?
Being friendly to each person, always having a positive attitude.
16. How do you maintain meeting the basic needs of your client?
Checking in with the frequency, asking if they need anything, encouraging a healthy lifestyle.
17. What does patience mean to you in the framework of caregiving?
Letting people take their time, no matter how fast I think it should be done.
18. How do you handle the unexpected?
Always remain calm, and following the proper protocols.
19. What does proper documentation look like?
Neat handwriting, thorough explanations, and consistency. Accuracy is also important.
20. How do you review and improve?
Look back on what work I’ve done, evaluate myself, and decide what I could do better.