1. What made you decide to become a Caregiver?
Had a family member that was a nurse, I liked the field.
2. What does professionalism mean to you?
Have competence and skills expected to be professional at your job.
3. What does preparation mean to you in regards to your workday?
Be on time – know and be prepared to work upon arrival.
5. How are you meeting the needs of others as a Caregiver/PCA/LNA/Nurse?
Treat whole individual needs.
6. Professionalism: How do you take responsibility for yourself?
Motivation: Motivate others
Job knowledge: Well prepared
Compassion: For others
7. Preparation: How do you reduce risk to yourself and your client?
Be prepared prior to your shift.
8. What does proper attire mean to you?
Scrubs, clean, hair tied back. No piercings or tattoos showing.
9. What does proper mobility mean to you?
Proper body mechanics.
11. What observations do you make when working?
Full assessment of the client, watch for changes, environmental safety.
12. What does self-control mean to you?
Control oneself, emotions, and behavior in situations.
13. What does it mean to follow a care plan?
Follow orders specific to the client.
14. What is proper communication?
Specific needed for that client.
15. How do you maintain a proper environment?
Clean, safe, well lighted.
16. How do you maintain meeting the basic needs of your client?
By asking clients their needs.
17. What does patience mean to you in the framework of caregiving?
Don’t rush a client.
18. How do you handle the unexpected?
Things will frequently change – learn to be flexible, take extra time if needed.
19. What does proper documentation look like?
Fully document what was done.
20. How do you review and improve?
Learn from changes and others