1. What made you decide to become a Caregiver?
I chose to become a nurse so that I could care for others and have various opportunities for work. It’s a rewarding career.
2. What does professionalism mean to you?
Professionalism means being accountable for my actions and following through when I take responsibility for something.
3. What does preparation mean to you in regards to your workday?
Showing up to shift on time and ready to go. It also means having the necessary information and tools to care for the client.
4. What does framework mean to you in the caregiver arena?
Providing proper care to serve clients and those around them.
Purpose: To do the job that we have been called to do and to keep clients safe. The framework is also the ways in which we communicate with our clients, families, and those supervising.
5. How are you meeting the needs of others as a Caregiver/PCA/LNA/Nurse?
By following through and committing to their care. By making sure to perform my role and staying up to date with changes.
6. Professionalism: How do you take responsibility for yourself?
Attitude: Leaving outside situations at the door and remaining positive
Mood: Being positive and ready to engage
Motivation: Encouraging others to do their best
Job knowledge: Staying on top of education and clinical practices
Compassion: Being aware of the feeling and situations of clients
7. Preparation: How do you reduce risk to yourself and your client?
Following protocol, washing my hands, and staying home when I’m sick.
8. What does proper attire mean to you?
Business casual or scrubs, TLC badge, proper shoes.
9. What does proper mobility mean to you?
Safe handling equipment, proper body mechanics, not twisting but pivoting.
10. What precautions do you take?
Time management to avoid being late, proper hygiene, safe equipment handling.
11. What observations do you make when working?
Client preferences, client routine, work environment, staff skills.
12. What does self-control mean to you?
Being aware of my actions and the decisions I make. It’s also important to know when to step back.
13. What does it mean to follow a care plan?
Following a client’s regimen, to help them reach their goals.
14. What is proper communication?
Listening/responding, maintaining eye contact.
15. How do you maintain a proper environment?
Cleaning/picking up after oneself.
16. How do you maintain meeting the basic needs of your client?
By having a conversation with clients about their expectations from the beginning.
17. What does patience mean to you in the framework of caregiving?
Recognizing the needs of the client and following care plan at their pace and giving them options in their care.
18. How do you handle the unexpected?
Planning ahead, critical thinking, calling the office for help.
19. What does proper documentation look like?
Documenting accurate times, following agency policy, and being clear and concise.
20. How do you review and improve?
Through feedback from supervisors and clients, asking questions.