1. What made you decide to become a Caregiver?
I have been a caregiver since 1979. I really enjoy caring for people.
2. What does professionalism mean to you?
3. What does preparation mean to you in regards to your workday?
Knowing the situation you are going into and the care plan.
4. What does framework mean to you in the caregiver arena?
Knowing my job and the well-being of my client.
Purpose: To help make life better and assist in well-being.
5. How are you meeting the needs of others as a Caregiver/PCA/LNA/Nurse?
Being able to help them in the daily care plans. Support their emotions, understanding situations.
6. Professionalism: How do you take responsibility for yourself?
By knowledge of your job, respectful of all that you work with.
Attitude: Kind, caring
Motivation: Always willing to help others
Job knowledge: What I have learned from my caregiving jobs and classes
Compassion: Knowing how to care for others in need, understanding
7. Preparation: How do you reduce risk to yourself and your client?
Using the proper equipment and that all areas are in a safe condition.
8. What does proper attire mean to you?
Clean, dressed to the job requirement.
9. What does proper mobility mean to you?
Being able to do the task that you’re required to do.
What precautions do you take?
Always assess the job you are doing and be sure that safety is best for you and the client.
11. What observations do you make when working?
Making sure accommodations are safe and follow job directions, and have all equipment available and working properly.
12. What does self-control mean to you?
To stay in control in different types of circumstances that are stressful and emotional.
13. What does it mean to follow a care plan?
To keep a plan of care in place in order to ensure their safety and health.
14. What is proper communication?
Talk with all people who are working with the client/ on their care team.
15. How do you maintain a proper environment?
Keep all surroundings in order, clean, use proper equipment.
16. How do you maintain meeting the basic needs of your client?
Be helpful, understanding, make sure their needs are met. Follow their care plans.
17. What does patience mean to you in the framework of caregiving?
Being a caring person to their needs and safety, being supportive.
18. How do you handle the unexpected?
Follow any and all procedures on their care plan, contacts. Keep calm.
19. What does proper documentation look like?
Charts need to be marked, notes for communications.
20. How do you review and improve?
Talk to leadership, keep up on new information.