1. What made you decide to become a Caregiver?
I care about people and the quality of life a person has.
2. What does professionalism mean to you?
To uphold the values of the people, respect the privacy of the people you work with and for. Keep all information private.
3. What does preparation mean to you in regards to your workday?
Making sure I have all the supplies.
4. What does framework mean to you in the caregiver arena?
Supporting the people who need care.
5. How are you meeting the needs of others as a Caregiver?
Supporting and communicating.
6. Professionalism: How do you take responsibility for yourself?
Attitude: Always keep a positive attitude and be professional
Mood: Be happy, smile, laugh
Compassion: Be caring, warm, sympathetic, sensitive
7. Preparation: How do you reduce risk to yourself and your client?
Observe what is going on around you and the client, then approach the situation.
8. What does proper attire mean to you?
Dress in accordance with TLC Homecare’s dress code.
9. What does proper mobility mean to you?
Lift and carry things the right way so that a person can move freely and easily.
10. What precautions do you take?
Always use proper body mechanics when lifting, carrying, or transferring.
11. What observations do you make when working?
I observe everything around me when working.
12. What does self-control mean to you?
Controlling oneself in particular your behaviors, emotions, and being self-disciplined.
13. What does it mean to follow a care plan?
Whatever is set for caring for a person is to be followed.
14. What is proper communication?
The exchange of information or news.
15. How do you maintain a proper environment?
Always observe everything that’s going on around you and communicate.
16. How do you maintain meeting the basic needs of your client?
Observation and communication.
17. What does patience mean to you in the framework of caregiving?
Working with a team.
18. How do you handle the unexpected?
Work with it.
19. What does proper documentation look like?
Completely filled out.
20. How do you review and improve?
Look at myself and see where I can improve and have people tell me what I can do to improve.