If you are looking for work or some home care for your loved one in Burlington, Vermont, it can be overwhelming. Which companies are worth it? Which companies have the more significant benefit packages for their employees? And on and on. But how do you determine which agencies are the best for your loved one and as a place of work?
Illnesses that Agencies Cover
Depending on your need or specialty, the agencies in your area may vary. You want to be sure that you research each agency you find in the Burlington area to ensure that they have nurses that cover your loved one’s needs. Or, if you are an employee, you want to make sure that they have cases that deal with your specialty. Here is the list of Agencies and their specailies:
TLC Home Care
- Dementia Care
- 24/7 Live-in Care
- Alzheimer’s Care
- Personal Care
- Respite Care
- Assistance with Hospice Care
- Nursing Supervision
- Incontinence Care
- Medication Management
- They offer Hospital care, in-home care, and long-term care facilities. The nurses are available 24/7 and can be scheduled within an hour to 24 hours.
VT Confident Home Care
- Alzheimer’s Care
- Dementia Care
- Hospice Care
- Respite Care
- In-home care; laundry, light housekeeping, meal preparation, etc.)
- Up to 24-hour care
- Assistance with Hygiene
- Meal Preparation
- Medication Reminders
- Light Housekeeping
- Errands and Shopping
- Joyous Companionship
- Affordable Hourly Rate
- Day/Night Live-in/Live-Out Care
- Temporary and Long Term
- Respite for Family Care
6 Steps on How to Determine Which Agencies are Perfect for You
Determining which agencies are perfect for your family or for you to work at can be difficult. Everyone says the same thing, ‘We are here to help you,’ but do they mean it? Yes, none of them want to cause harm towards any employees or loved ones, but sometimes, agencies don’t match with what is needed in someone’s life. Here are the 6 steps that can help you determine which agency is right for you.
- Talk to Your Doctor: Your loved one’s doctor may have some recommendations since they are in the industry and work with many home health care nurses. They may have the ins and outs of what you are looking for and may be able to pinpoint it more straightforward than you. They also know what your loved one is going through and what is needed when they are home, so they should have some say anyway.
- As an employee, talk to your friends who are in the industry. They may know of some openings, friends who have worked for different agencies, etc. It is good always to include your network of professionals.
- Assess your In-Home Care Needs: You need to determine what is required to care for your loved ones. Be sure what is required before searching because it will only be more challenging when the person taking your information asks you what your needs are.
- As a nurse, you want to assess your specialties; what you can handle in the home confidently. Because the same thing will happen to you; when the agency interviews you, they will want to know what you feel comfortable doing, what you have studied, experiences, etc.
- Know your Budget: Make a budget; you want to be sure to afford the in-home care before you hire them. You want to be sure that you can pay your monthly bill. There are services out there to help you as well.
- Finding In-Home Care Agencies: The internet is your best resource; there are reviews about every agency in the Burlington area to read; they also list the specialties they handle, where they travel too, how long they take patients for, etc.
- As an employee, the internet is your best friend; again, there are reviews from current employees and past employees. Read them; you want to get an in on what you will experience as employees.
- Interviewing In-Home Care Agencies: You want to ask the right questions; what type of people do they hire, how do they determine if someone is an excellent fit for their company, what kind of background checks they do, etc.
- As the employee, you want to interview the agency on pay, benefits, the furthest assignment that could be assigned, etc.
- Making the Right Match: When you feel you have made the right choice, jump on it, have them start as soon as possible because the sooner they meet the patient, the better.
- Once you have found the right match, join their team and be ready to work as an employee.
Determining the best agency can be stressful, but your loved ones deserve the proper care, and as an employee, you deserve to work for a company that works for you and your life. TLC Home Care is one of the best agencies out there; they want only to make your loved ones happy. And if you join their team as a nurse, they want to ensure that you have a pleasant working environment. They are knowledgeable, experienced, and willing to work with everyone’s budgets and needs.