February is American Heart Month and since 1963, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) has used this month to spread awareness about heart health and heart disease across the United States. If you aren’t sure how to participate, here are a few ideas that we at TLC HomeCare have taken from the NHLBI official fact sheet and are sharing with you today in hopes that it will inspire you to take the first step toward a healthier heart.
- Join the #OurHearts movement by sharing how you’re working with friends or family to be heart-healthy on social media. Be sure to use the hashtag!
- Establish an online support group with family and friends to encourage each other in your goals to manage weight, eat healthier, quit smoking, or work out.
- Commit to a workout schedule with a friend or family member, even if you can’t walk together.
- Spread the word on social media. Use the NHLBI Heart Month social media resources to promote the movement to your family, friends, and acquaintances.
- Write a blog post about Heart Month, the risk factors for heart disease, and how you’re making heart-healthy changes in your life.
Your loved one’s heart health is important to us.
Our agency has been providing top-quality Senior Care in Vermont. Whether it’s monitoring medication or planning heart-healthy meals for older adults, we make sure that our services are carefully completed to ensure optimum efficacy.
Does your loved one need In-home care in Vermont?
You may call us to know more about our home care service in Vermont.